My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It is all because of faith



July 8, 2013

I love you,
I always end with "I love you" but I decided that it is important and should be first. I love you all! I am so grateful for my wonderful family.
Monday I got brownies and ice cream for my birthday (don´t worry I got a picture and y'all can instagram it for me) and it was delicious. Then on Tuesday I was blessed with the perfect weather it was cloudy and windy but didn´t rain; it was awesome and then I got to eat mashed potatoes. Then we got to teach. We had a good day and taught a lot of people. Liliane told us about how much she feels the spirit when we teach here (the best gift of all). Basically Tuesday was awesome. Wednesday it POURED. It is funny because people always say rain is good for missionary work because people have to let you in. I´m not sure why but on the days when it rains really hard no one is ever at home and usually we don´t teach which is unfortunate but Wednesday night we had an activity at the church and since a lot of people were without power they were at the church and we had cake and it was great. (Here when the power goes out there aren't any street lights either so it is really dark. It was cool).
Friday we had mission tour. Elder Torgan of the Seventy talked with us. I found out on Thursday that he was Brazilian and thus would be speaking in Portuguese. Well, I was determined that I would understand what was said because normally I don´t understand when someone just talks for many hours.  I wanted to understand very much and as I have been studying about faith I know that through faith anything can happen. I prayed hard and had faith but I knew I needed to concentrate. I understood almost every single word that was said during that four hour meeting. It is all because of faith. And prayer. It was truly a miracle. I was exhausted afterward but it was beyond worth it. I feel like I learned so much and I am so blessed and I know that my prayers are always heard.
I hope your time in Utah continues to be amazing! Say hi to all the family for me and I can´t wait to hear where Krystal will serve a mission.
I love you!
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment