My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Transfers?! Already?!

Dear wonderful and crazily busy family,

It is normal for missionaries here to remain in an area for two transfers. Three is a long time but not super unusual. Four transfers is 6 months and A LONG time and kind of rare. Well guess who is staying in their first area for at least four transfers? this sister! I was shocked when I heard. I thought for sure I will be transferred. No one stays in this area that long. I was a little sad at first because I was looking forward to change and experiencing a new area but I am happy because we are working with more people and teaching more and our ward is getting a little more organized in its missionary efforts. But here is the thing. Six more sisters are arriving tomorrow. Vou treinar? Não sei mas é possível. (I train? I do not know but it is possible. - Thank you Google translate.) Crazy. This transfer went by really fast. I am having trouble keeping up with how fast the time is going! Next week I will send info sobre nova companheira (about new companion).

This week was good. We have been tracting a lot and working with a couple references from members. While tracting we found a man who seemed to have interest in receiving lessons. We asked if we could share a message with him and he said yes. Unfortunately he was home alone. At this point most people say "oh another day" and then lay low and hope we forget. But not Gilton. He said there was a small park near by. This park turned out to be a bench facing the beach. It was a beautiful setting to talk about the gospel and wasn't a distraction at all. It was amazing. 

We also had an emergency ward counsel just about missionary work. It was great to see every organization president in the ward working together to this end. To strengthen the ward. To get every family involved. Missionary work is done primarily by members and is so much more effective when the missionaries work side by side with members. Miracles happen.

I love you all and hope all is well. Have a great week!

Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment