My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Happiness!

Dear family,

I love you all and I am so happy! Why? Who needs a reason? Life is wonderful isn´t it? 

This week we felt the start of summer. We passed two days in almost unbearable heat without wind. but then it returned to rain and have a lot of wind. I am now sitting at the computer using a cardigan. I feel cold. uh oh; 

This week was pretty crazy mesma with the mission tour with Elder Aidukitis. The zone leaders and sister training leaders went an hour early to talk with him before the rest of the zone joined in. So we started out with 6 duplas and Elder Aidukitis. It was a bit odd being so close to and speaking so personally with someone you usually see on a big screen speaking English to the world during general conference. But man he is cool. He talked a lot (and rather firmly) about being better missionaries. Heavenly Father is happy with our work but not satisfied. We can do so much more. He talked about planning. How we need to DOMINATE the skill of goal setting. Not just master but DOMINATE. Shows how important it is right? Some rules were changed and other things were reinforced. The hardest thing to change actually is devotional every morning. Now we just wake up and begin our day without the hymn and scriptural thought. It feels like being back in high school when I went to school without going to seminary first. 

We visited two recent converts or less actives in a two day span. Both of these women fell ill right in front of us. It was the first time in my life that I really wanted to be an elder or at least have the priesthood so that i could give a blessing of health to those that I love and see suffering. All the more important to have the priesthood in my home! 

Saturday we had the opportunity to have lunch with a member that lives in São Cristóvão on a farm. It was so cool! We got to see the cows and chickens and climb on top of a hill that looked over the countryside. It was really pretty. Photos soon to come a videos to see. (When I say soon I mean in algumas semanas)

I love you all and hope you have a fantastical semana!
Sister Martin!

No comments:

Post a Comment