My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I Feel My Savior's Love

Dear Family,

It is a little hard to believe that we are in mid September already. Its been a bit hard adjusting to the fact that time is passing. My body is still telling my that it is June. Maybe I just don´t want to believe.

I´m scared too mom! I get cold in weather in the 70´s! But I am also pretty excited because it is so nice to curl up in blankets. It's better to be in the heat during the mission because we don't get lazy wanting to stay in our beds curled up. It's hot so we throw off the covers and get to work!

This week I had to learn once again some important lessons. The first being the harsh consequences of sin, even if the sin be a small one. This week we were doing divisões with some sisters. I went to go and stay in their area and house. And while no major rules or commandments were being broken it was easy to see that one of the four people in the house was not "serving with all [her] heart mind and strength" Small things like staying in bed for 30 minutes longer. Not starting personal study until almost 9 and etc... And in general an attitude far from willing. This affects the attitude and efficiency of the whole house. When we think that our actions only influence ourselves we are so sorely mistaken. Seeing this in others makes me more aware of my own actions. How am I acting? My actions are helping or hurting others? Helps take the mind of what is best for me and what is best for the group. But at the same time it was hard to see how the others were suffering. It made me think of what Elder Holland said during his mission tour to São Paulo. That he is tired of seeing sin. I feel the same and I see so much less than he does. Just imagine. 
The second would be that I have a limited view and God knows it all. I don´t know and can´t decide who will accept our message and act upon it. God knows. So it is better to trust in Him than  in me and my own capacities. 

This week we had a ward conference. And it was great. The first two hours were normal, except for the fact that there were so many people from the stake there. But sacrament meeting was really special. The part a little funny was when we sustained Bispo Fonseca as Bispo. He is about to have 10 years as bispo and he was so sure that he would be released this conference. But at least he has mais 6 meses! But the part that really tuouched my heart was the choir. A 10 year old boy that is very small for his age took part. And for the last hymn they sang I Feel my Savior's Love. Riclecio, the boy, sang the first verse alone. Without piano even. And it touched everyone's heart. I have never seen so many people with tears in their eyes. He sang so heartfelt-fully and with such conviction that His Heavenly Father And Savior love him that we all felt that same love for us. It was amazing. I never cease to be amazed by the power of music.
After church all the members were talking about how I only have one more week. Some already saying goodbye. It's a little scary but I am more calm now about going home than I was about two weeks ago. Now I just have to hit the pavement and work! ...And plan my 30 minute talk for church Sunday.

I love you all and I am excited to see you soon.
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment