My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Setembro?! Já?

Dear Family,

It is hard to believe that September is already starting. Every week seems to pass faster and faster now. It is starting to really worry me. But I am happy and ready to work even harder than ever these last few weeks. This week we will get a boost from our mission tour with Elder Aidukitis (I don´t remember how to spell his name). 

This week was pretty emotionally draining with two exchanges, three baptismal interviews and many problems with families not wanting their loved ones to get baptized. And even though things didn´t turn out the way we had planned this week and getting sad about that - I was really reassured this week about the inner peace that comes from Christ. So I was able to get better focusing on doing my part and trust in Christ. 

The best is when investigators go to church of their own free will without us even calling for them. About a month ago we had gotten a reference from our zone leader and we went and taught a great man and marked his baptism but he was always working and hard to find at home. So we passed about two weeks without visiting him or trying. Then one day we passed his wife in the street and told us to return sometime during the week after 6. So we decided to try one more time. We knocked on their door and miraculously he was home. He let us in, said that he had sunday off from work but that he would be going to his church. He seemed pretty mole (I don´t know what mole is in English...lazy?..not willing to act) so we decided to leave a shorted message with him (3rd). At first the lesson started a bit rough with a lot of noise going on but soon the Spirit entered and changed everything. At the end of the lesson He said that he had been touched by the Holy Ghost and that he would be going to our church the next day. Miracle. The next day we tried to call him but his phone was turned off so we just walked to church and we found him there! He had gotten there a good half hour before church started. Amazing.

I hope all is well and I am looking forward to hugging you all

Love, 
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment