My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, January 13, 2014

So Fast

Dear family,

Before I forget (like I did last week) I can skype this Christmas for one hour with you! So I need help. Could you create a skype account for me? And then for yourselves and then add yourselves to my account? It will probably be Monday the 23rd? Is that good for you?

We don´t have access to ipads or smartphones and only use computers the one hour we are allowed for email. Things are pretty hard to change here in the northeast of Brazil. Here is usually one of the last places to change. For example it is just now that the rule of no book bags is coming into effect. 

I can´t believe that it is already December! Time is moving so fast. This transfer has been one of the quickest. I find out Sunday what will be happening but I think I will be transfered and 6 more sisters are coming so maybe I will train again.

This past week was Thanksgiving! We celebrated by having a Family Home Evening with members. We talked about what we are grateful for and then we ate apple pie (definitely an American thing) and turkey (it was actually chicken. Turkey is hard to come by and expensive and people only eat it here for Christmas) It was the sweetest thing. They wanted to give us our American holiday (they really just wanted to feel like the movies). But I am so grateful for them. They are a great family. 

This week was also a rush because we had Zone conference and spent all day in Farol and then we had a baptism! Things are pretty busy when you lose a day by being fora sua (off your) area end then baptism too because you are running to make sure every thing is perfect! João Vitor was baptized just before a wedding took place so the chapel was all decorated and so pretty. The chapel here is new and gorgeous on its own but then was decorated very nicely as well. 

I love you all very much!
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment