My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Tacos!

Dear family,

Strangely enough one of the things I miss the most (besides y'áll of course) is Mexican food. Well Segunda passado we had tacos! It was amazing! and nothing like real Mexican tacos at all. There is this recent convert that is absolutely amazing and his name is Roberto. He is the sweetest and most gentle man you will ever meet and after 4 months in the church he has one of the strongest testimonies I have ever seen; His wife loves us and always talks in church and answering questions and gives almoço (lunch) para us but ISn´t a member. (she is even taking the temple prep class with her husband). Anyway we had a family home evening at their house and we ate tacos! The taco itself was almost like a very stiff and not very tasty tortilla but the meat and stuff was good and it was the closest I've gotten to Mexican food in awhile so I was happy.

Yes it is getting hotter here. It would be almost unbearable if we didn´t have the constant breeze. I don´t think I have ever been so grateful for wind in my life but it is really a beautiful thing just like Pocahontas (how do you spell her name?) sang.

So transfers actually happen tomorrow. I found out last night that I will be transferred so I've started packing my bags and thinking about who will be my next companion and where I will go. Before my mission I hated changes. Now I LOVE them. I´m so excited to see what tomorrow will bring!

Jenna said y'all wanted more details. I will try. This week we had the opportunity to teach some really amazing people. People ready for the gospel. People actually wanting to do more than just hear our message and give us food. They actually want to change. We found Ana.  We taught the first lesson for her then returned two days later. We asked her if she did the reading we left for her. and she said yes! (that is pretty rare). We asked if she prayed. She said yes! We asked how she felt. She said good. We asked if that was her answer and she said YES (really this never happens) and then we asked if she was excited for baptism and she said yes! I was blown away. It was a very exciting moment and stunning. 

I´ve had a lot of good times with Sister Barratt and it will be a little sad to have someone new but I know that what ever happens, it is where  I need to be. 

Also, I will try to skype Christmas day but I will let you know when I get to my new area

Love you all very much,
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment