My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Mormon world is a small world

Dear family,

I absolutely loved being able to talk with you this week. It was oddly close to being at home with you all. It was amazing to hear your voices and everything but I am also excited that things are going to calm down and be normal. Better for working!

I wanted to show you all my shoes but I forgot and so I will describe them instead. So when I found out we couldn't use sandals anymore I bought two pairs of shoes. One I started using right away and was comfortable. Well after 3 months they started to get holes in the bottoms so I tried using the other type which gave me really bad blisters so I went back to using the other ones. The holes got bigger and I needed to do something because the holes were getting ridiculous. So I took out the inserts of the other shoes cut them down and put them in the shoes I have been using. Now the inserts are getting holes. They are a pretty funny and ghetto looking sight to see.

So this Saturday we had a ward church activity for Christmas. And it was funny because it reminded me of the activities we have for the 4th of July. There was a pool for swimming (obviously we missionaries didn´t swim) and BBQ and card games and people sweating and soccer instead of baseball. I got to talking to one of the members there. He asked where I was from. I said MA. Well, he has a son that is serving in the Boston MA mission. Do you all remember an Elder Lopez? Yup I met his dad and his twin baby brothers and his step brother who looks exactly like Jacob Black. Its a small world after all. Also. One of the member´s grandmas was visiting and so she went to the activity as well. Do you remember Elder Anderson´s talk at general conference about a woman in Brazil whose husband wouldn´t let her go to church but she sent her children and so on? Yeah she is a pretty cool lady. We got to have lunch with her yesterday after church and she has some amazing stories and she cooks really well. 
I love you all and wish you a Happy New year! Miracles happen when you set goals and work hard so I know that this year will be a good one and you all can accomplish your New Year´s resolutions!

Love Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment