My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Braços. Sucessos. Batismos.

Dear family,

I hope you all had fun in Bridgton Abbey! 

This week has been a good normal week. This Friday we are going to have a Zone conference with about 60 missionaries. And they changed things up this time. The assistants said that all the sisters need to plan on giving training about Teaching- where you find and finding where you teach. And then there at the conference they will choose one companionship to give the training. There will be 8 duplas at my zone conference. So this week have been planning on that  but outside of that the week has been a normal one.

We frequently talk with people in the street and invite them to go to church and to learn more about our unique message. This week we made a contact with a woman selling churros and we ended up sitting on the sidewalk and teaching her right there. It wasn´t the most spiritual lesson we have taught it was still good and you could tell she was taking it all in. We marked her baptism and said we would return in the next day or two. I thought it was nothing special. We returned we asked if she had prayed about the things we had talked about. She said yes. That when she prayed she had felt relieved. She began crying a little bit and just mentioned that her life was a hard one. I can imagine that that feeling of relief and peace just meant the world to her. A moment of peace when she is surrounded by unhappiness and hardships as a single mom of two kids. I am so grateful for the power of prayer. We didn´t know how hard her life was or how much of an impact prayer could make in her life. I am so grateful that we had taken that chance to talk with her and invited her to pray so that she could feel that relief of speaking to our Heavenly Father.

I love you all!
Sister Martin

PS I know y'all don´t like short letters. Sorry! and I PROMISE that the next one will be longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment