My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Mid Transfer Changes

Dear Family whom I love,

Mom was that proper grammar? I am forgetting English. The other day some one asked what time it was in English. I said it wrong. Sister Eneida (a Brazilian that knows English) just laughed and laughed. 

ALYSSA HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Tomorrow I will be singing for you! 13! I can´t believe how old you are!
My baby (sister) is all grown up!

This week was pretty crazy. Tuesday we had a meeting with our WML and Bishop. We left with a new area. The limits of our area are completely different. Now to get to the start of our area from our house we walk about an hour. To get where we are working we walk an hour more. It is distant and a little hard to walk so far in the hot sun but COMPLETELY worth it. I am loving it. The people are so willing to hear our message. So a lot of time is spent walking every day but even with that we are teaching double amount of the lessons we were teaching before. 

With the new area comes a lot of blessings and opportunities and a lot of challenges to overcome as well. It is a poorer area and 2 hours walking distant from the church and doesn´t have a lot of members that live there. It is an area almost untouched by missionaries. It is so exciting! It is really amazing to teach someone from square one. A lot of people have a lot of preconceptions about the church but not where we are working now! Really people have to rely on prayer and faith to know if our message is true. 

So we are finding a lot of people willing to hear and now our challenge is to find people willing to act. I am truly blessed to know that we are not alone. That we don´t do this work just us two. We have the help of the Lord. We have the protection of the Lord. We can be guided by the Lord if we let ourselves be guided. Something so important for me.Something essential. 

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week filled with birthday cake!
Sister Martin

PS Today marks exactly 10 months on the mission. CRAZYNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment