My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christ is my Savior

November 11

Dear Family,

The first days of this week were amazing. We were able to get so much accomplished. One day (I think it was Wednesday) we had a moment when everything fell through after a half hour of getting out and working. And times like that it is so easy to let that get me down and not excited about working or about sharing the gospel. It is easy to question. But in that moment I had a thought that really hit home for some reason more than ever before. Christ IS my Savior. No matter what hardship happens in the world or this work or to me or to the world. Christ was, is, and always will be our Savior. His sacrifice covers absolutely everything. Every sin and sadness and guilt that we can ever have. He makes the difference in all of our lives. And I was blessed with this incredible happiness after that thought. Christ is the Savior! Who could not be happy knowing that? I couldn´t stop smiling and I just wanted to never stop working. Everyone needs to know about this marvelous truth! In that moment I loved where I was even if where I was was in the street and not inside teaching those that we had planned for. What a simple thought led to so much happiness. 

And we were blessed accordingly. When everything falls through we get to batendo portas. (knock on doors) And usually we spend some time doing that. But this week we would knock on a door, be invited in, and teach right away. It was amazing. We ended up finding  one woman who has member friends, who is feeling lonely, is looking for a church, and was so open to hearing our message. In the end she accepted baptism! What is even more amazing is that Sunday she actually came to church! and brought her son! A real miracle! (especially since we hadn't talked to her since the first lesson and we couldn't go and walk with her to church - I will explain why in a little bit). Imagine what would have happened if we let walking in the hot sun with out definite opportunities to teach get us down. When we remain happy and excited and ready to work we are truly blessed! In the mission field, in life, wherever, we are blessed by Christ. 

Well, Friday Sister Barratt woke up with a high fever, nausea, and feeling like someone had broken her leg. After a day of nothing changing or improving we got ourselves to the hospital on Saturday. Sister Barratt got an infection in her foot through calluses that she got from her shoes. We were told that she couldn´t walk for three days. Well now she is a lot better but it was the strangest thing to spend so much time inside and it is so good that is much improved but it was hard (I think more for her) to not be able to contact our pesquisadores (investigators). Hence the miracle of our investigator going to church!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
Love 
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment