My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Just keep swimming, keep on swimming, swimming, swimming


September 30


Dear Family,
Before I forget! 1. I need photos sent to me via email; one from when I was a criança (child) so less than 5 years? and a photo from my teenage years. They are making a video of pictures of all of us for Christmas. 2. Next Monday I won't be able to email because all the sisters are going to have a special meeting with Sister Gonzaga. I will email Tuesday. 3. Unfortunately Correiros está em greve. The mail office is at strike. I can´t mail letters. I am sorry for those of you who have birthdays coming up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICA. WOOHOO!
This week was interesting. In some ways it was harder than last week and in others it was a lot easier. Now I know more or less where things are and I know the people a little better but it was a little hard because I expected this week to be a great improvement. And we did improve and we are getting along better and Sister Barratt´s Portuguese is improving but... it is also hard because it didn´t improve like I wanted. So what did I learn? Trust in the Lord and patience. Those lessons are hard to learn. But really the week was great because I learned. Sister Barratt learned. And we have great prospects for the next week.
My brain is a little bit more tired than usual (I still need to focus a lot to understand when people speak to not misunderstand) and I can´t remember ....
Anyway. I love you and I hope that everything continues to improve and that you have a great time watching conference!
Sister Martin



Our chapel which is a lot bigger than the last




New companion and the other sisters in the apartment











I found a boat with my name.


a foto com minha mãe


A photo with all the new trainers






No comments:

Post a Comment