My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It's cold?

Dear Family,

This week I felt cold. I didn´t think that was possible here in Brasil. But this week it rained bastante and a strong wind accompanied the rain. So I actually got cold and pulled out a cardigan to get warm and used my Christmas toe socks while in casa. 

I feel like I learned a lot this week, spiritually and not spiritual stuff too. I left my area Tuesday night to head over to Atalia for divisões. Atalia is on the edge of the city bordering the ocean. It is a richer part of the city. I stayed there with one of my old housemates, Sister Castro. I love getting to see new houses and new areas. It makes you really grateful for where you are. I feel like I learn more from the sisters than the learn from me. I got a real appreciation for the Sabbath day as we taught a woman who firmly believes in the Dia do Senhor being Saturday. She wasn´t even willing to hear our message about the plan of salvation that our Heavenly Father made for us because she was so worried about Saturdays. It was sad. Later in the week we began teaching a mother of two. She received us very well and we began talking about the Restoration. It was an amazing lesson and I felt the Spirit there testifying. Then at the end of the lesson she rejected us completely (while politely) saying she wouldn't want to pray. Sometimes the Spirit talks to us. Tells us what is true and we don´t want to hear. Sometimes it is so strong that it is like he takes us by our hair and bangs our head against the wall yelling "Its true you idiot!" (maybe without the idiot part) but even after all that we still don´t want to act or change because it is hard. Makes me think. Am I sufficiently humble to change and move according to the whispers of the Holy Ghost?

But I also learned how to make truffles this week! It was so exciting! I am thinking that I should begin to sell these things. Brigadeiro, torta leite, trufas. Not here while on the mission but man these things are so good. They are especially good with a filling of brigadeiro.

Anyway, I hope all is well and all house moving is going over well. I love you!
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment