My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Love. It's all about love.

Dear Family,

This week was a lesson in love and service.

Today I was studying Presidente Monson´s talk on Love being the Essence of the Gospel. It talks about our need to love and serve our neighbor. If we don´t love those in our redor how can we truly love God? And he told a story about a flight with 150 that went hours out of their way to pick up a severely injured child to take him to a hospital. The people in the plane lost hours of time, a lot of connections and important appointments. But no one complained. In the end the actually pulled together money to give to the boy and his family. I got goose bumps. Because it is easy to love and to be charitable when things are easy. When things are going your way. But just imagine. Spending an entire day on an airplane when it should only be about an hour or two. Am  I willing to stay calm? Am I willing to not get impatient in that circumstance? Do I love and serve even when things are hard or taking a long time?

This week was full of worries. Worries about our investigators and our sisters that we take care of. It was a test of this love. It was a test of my desire to really serve. We spent a lot of time thinking and praying to know the best way to help those that we are responsible for. 

I love you all and hope the best for you all with your responsibilities and new homes and averything that is going on. My prayers are with you!

Sister Martin

P.S. haha i wanted to warn you that that video would probably make it to facebook. It was during lunch and there was a bunch of youth from the ward there and they wanted to hear a song in English!







No comments:

Post a Comment