My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Wait, how old are you?

Dear family, 

This week was amazing. Wednesday was the best, It might have been the best birthday I have ever had. The started with a healthy breakfast of pancakes with brigadeiro on top. Then as we were walking to lunch my housemates began walking really fast then stopping and talking with random people on the street who then stopped and said "happy birthday" to me. I felt like I was in a movie! Everyone stopping to talk with me to wish me a happy birthday. Até this one random woman came out from a salon and gave me a hug saying parabens; I laughed. Lunch was amazing with Ednaene and Bruna. They planned a surprise with Nilza, with bishop's wife. I had no idea but they surprised me with a cake, a small party, and Brasil flipflops. I felt the love! Then we made our way to São Cristóvão where the bus broke down and we began walking. We owe it to our gained weight after so much cake. At night my housemates surprised me again with a really good trifle cake. I ate very well this day!  I love my house mates. They are the best. 

Tuesday was crazy as we met our new presidente. It was odd. It just felt like someone was missing. But I think he will be good for the mission. The best part was the closing prayer where the elder thanked for meeting the new Presidente Gonzaga (he didn´t even realize that he had said the wrong name).  The new presidente's name is Gomes. Hard transition.

Friday was the Brasil game and Independence day. Brasil won! And of course after the game there was a bunch of fireworks going off in every direction and so to celebrate the 4th of July, my two American housemates and I began singing the Star Spangled Banner while looking at the fireworks. It was patriotic. The only thing missing was the hamburgers. 

But Sunday was the best of all. Ernando got the preisthood and Barbara bore her testimony about their conversion story. Just about cried for pride and happiness. Seeing recent convert progress and changing is the best thing in the world. 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful summer!

With love,

Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment