My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Mudanças

Dear family,

This week also brought a lot of changes. Tuesday we got into our apartment and spent the day cleaning. We got a fridge and beds. But the apartment is actually rather small so it was crazy! But then it got even crazier as Wednesday all of our stuff arrived. My goodness! there was stuff everywhere! 

The new apartment has two rooms. One where we keep all of our bags and clothes and one where we four sleep. And there is airconditioning the room where we sleep! Its basically amazing. The kitchen is just a walkway with a sink so it is a little tight when we have lunch in casa and all of us are in there trying to cook at the same time. 

We are still living about an hour's walk away from our area but it is a little closer. It is good because we can walk but it is a little hard because it seems like so little time is left for working. 

This week we have been working a lot with a less active we found tracting and her nonmember daughter. They are amazing. Thursday we went to go teach and Duda still hadn´t done the reading we had left with her. So we challenged her to read it in the next three hours and pray to know if it (the Book of Mormon) was true. We said we would return in three hours. When we returned she was practically jumping up and down to open the door for us. She was exploding with exictment. "I read it. I read it." "it is true!" Basically it made my day. She was so happy to have recieved an answer. An answer from the Lord!

Then came Sunday. The first hour started and Duda and Gloria hadn't showed up. Sadness. Then as we were walking to Sunday school an irmã stopped us and told us that a woman had entered with her daughter and had gone to the Sacrament room and was attending Sacrament meeting with the other ward! Such happiness! we almost skipped there to pull them out and take them to the different classes. 

Com muito amor e carinho. 
Really. I love you guys.
Sister Martin

P.S.  I don´t think I told you but I have nightmares sometimes. Of you (Dave). I arrive at the airport and you are trying to take my name tag and call me by my first name. It is awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment