My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, May 19, 2014

stories untold

Dear family,

It was great having the chance to talk with you all! Happy Birthday Andrea and Happy Mothers day mom!

Here are some stories from the week that I didn´t have the chance to talk about. Also, I am unable to send photos.

This week I sinned. My companion and I left our area, zone, and stake and visited a member in an Elder´s area. It was actually pretty scary. So part of our area is called São Cristóvão which is another city and 40 minutes by bus. we went there this week after a zone meeting (which was full of water balloons. Unexpectedly my companion and I got caught and soaked in water). Well this day everything went against our plans. So we ended up needing money for three bus fares and eating lunch close to the stake center where we have zone meetings. And we didn't return to our apartment as planned to get more money and leave things like PME in casa. This became a problem as we got on a bus to return to our city, using the last of our money. After 10 minutes it became apparent that it was the wrong bus. After an hour and a half (we stayed on the bus because we didn't have money to pay to get on to another and we were hoping that the bus would go to a terminal where we can get on another bus without paying) we got to the center of the city and the last bus stop was one outside of the bus terminal. So we were stuck in the middle of Aracaju with out money and a good hour bus ride from our area. But we were in the past area of Sister Sierras which had recently become an area for elders and she knew of a member that lived near by. We walked there and asked for bus fare. It was pretty embarrassing having to ask. But to be sure it was an adventure. Crazy day. 

Last night we heard about transfers. I will be staying here with my companion. I am excited for everything that is to come! 

Love,
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment