My name is Diana Martin and I am a not so secret agent for the Lord in beautiful Maceio, Brazil. I am serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months.

Monday, May 19, 2014

We´re half way there and living on a prayer

Dear family,

Welp. We are already half way through this transfer. Crazy. On Mother´s day are y'all free 6 o'clock my time for SKYPE? I am pumped. 

This week I went on splits as a leader for the first time. It was pretty nerve wracking at the start. I had a lot of worries about not knowing which bus to take to get home and finding all of our appointments and knowing the area. But it all went well. All the other times I had done divisão it was me being evaluated and trying to do my best. It was interesting because this time I was focused on seeing. Seeing how I could help and seeing what she does well. It was a very cool experience with a lot of prayer and help from the Lord because I am still so new here on the mission and only with the Lord's help can I be better and help others at the same time. 

In a week and a half we will have the leadership council which happens the first Tuesday of every month. All of the sister training leaders and zone leaders meet in Farol and we plan trainings and stuff like that. Afterwards there will be a zone meeting where Sister Sierras and I have to give a training based on what we learned during the counsel.  

This week was way cool as we went to São Cristovão for the first time. São Cristovão is a near by town that is part of our area - about 40 minutes by bus. It is way cute and the oldest town in Sergipe. There are 7 big historical Catholic churches in two blocks and has a very European feel. The moment we got there I wanted to be a tourist and go to the museums and take pictures and it was a jolting feeling. But soon I got over that. Looked at the beauty and thought about how cool it would be to have a chapel there! So we got to work! 

But the real miracle this week was with Andréa. We were teaching something basic and short (but no, dad, I haven´t heard about this new lesson thing from the church. We are kinda behind the times here) and asked her to give the closing prayer. In the prayer she mentioned something thanking God that her husband listened and supported her. After she said amen I pounced "Does that mean he agreed to get married?!" YES IT DOES! For the first time in years he agreed! And she said she was planning on getting baptized and to do that she needed to get married! Really there has been such a big change in her since we began teaching her. But the enemy is working as well. For the next two Sundays she will need to work. But she is staying strong!

That was my week in a nutshell. This next week should be a great one and a busy one! I hope all is well with you all and I am looking forward to skype time!
Love
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment